Abscessed Tooth- An Infection That You Can Treat At Home Before Going To The Dentist
Abscessed tooth generates from eating sticky and sugary food, followed by bad dental hygiene or gingivitis. It represents a toxic infection of a tooth, its root or the gum.
The infection causing bacteria drags through the cracks or cavities all the way down to the tooth’s root. And if not treated on time it will cause pain, inflammation and even more serious complications.
When the bacteria reach the tooth’s pulp chamber it is very likely to spread further and destroy the surrounding tissue.
This is the point when you should call your dentist and make an appointment because you will start feeling sharp toothache, pain and discomfort while eating.
You will experience difficulties with swallowing, bad breath, sore gum and swollen chick. You may even lose the taste and have a fever.
But, before this happens, don’t let it go so far and try these effective homemade treatments for toxic tooth infection.
1. Oil pulling is an ancient technique for treating oral problems. It reduces the bacteria and toxins in the oral cavity and improves the health of your mouth.
Here is what you need to do:
Take one tablespoon of organic coconut oil and swish it in your mouth for 10 minutes twice a day. When finished, spit it and rinse your mouth with lukewarm water. Do it on empty stomach for 4 weeks.
2. Echinacea is known as a natural antibiotic which makes it an efficient cure against bacteria inflammations. It relieves the pain and you can find it shape of tinctures or capsules. You can use Echinacea tea bag to prepare a tea which you will use to gargle it in your mouth 3 times daily.
3. Chamomile is an herb with powerful anti- inflammatory characteristics. You can use it as a cataplasm if the chick is swollen or simply make a tea and drink it 3 times a day. Don’t throw the tea bags! You can hold them on the affected tooth in order to relief the pain.
4. Black tea is also great in absorbing the toxins due to its antioxidant properties. Boil some water and steep the tea bag in for five minutes. Put it wet on the infected area and suck. Do this every night for couple of weeks and you will feel improvement.
5. Potatoes are considered to be antiseptic food which will help you remove the dead cells from your mouth. Cut a small piece of potato and put it on the affected area at least one hour. It will change its color due to the toxins it will have absorbed.
6. Rinsing your mouth with salty water is very useful for everybody in treating and preventing any kind of bacterial infections. Dissolve a teaspoon of salt in a glass of lukewarm water and gargle it in your mouth. Repeat this 3 times a day if you feel any discomfort in the mouth cavity.
7. Garlic is well known natural ingredient that has antibiotic characteristics due to its compound called allicin. You can release allicin in the garlic juice by crashing and squeezing it. Then just put it on the affected tooth twice a day.
8. Hydrogen Peroxide in combination with baking soda makes a great paste which will help you to soothe the inflammatory pain. This paste has disinfectant and antibacterial characteristics, so apply it on the affected area every day for five minutes and then rinse your mouth with lukewarm water.
9. Turmeric powder will act as an antibiotic on your tooth. Make a mixture of turmeric and couple drops of water and put it on the painful area. Let it stay for 20 minutes and after that wash your mouth. You can make a mixture of turmeric and olive oil instead of water and repeat the same step.
10. Organic apple cider vinegar is great disinfector due to its antifungal, antibacterial and antimicrobial properties. All you need to do is swishing one tablespoon of ACV for few minutes 3 times daily for 4 weeks.
11. Peppermint oil on a cotton ball, applied on the sick tooth will relief your pain in a very short time. It is powerful remedy against inflammations due to its antibacterial characteristics. Use it few times a day for 4 weeks.
12. The essential oregano oil is a mighty antioxidant that is capable to destroy bacteria and have anesthetic effect on the sick area. You can apply it on your tooth with your finger and wash it after few minutes. For better results do this treatment 3 times a day.
In order to prevent the toxic tooth infection here are some recommendations: quit smoking and junk food, lower the caffeine intake and sweet chewing gums. Regularly clean your teeth, at least two times a day and buy a new toothbrush every 3 months. Wash your mouth with antimicrobial liquids and visit your dentist regularly.