Remedies For Removing The Dark Skin From Your Elbows, Knees, Armpits And Neck
Acanthosis nigricans is the name of the pigmentation that appears like a dark skin on some parts of your body like knees, armpits, elbows and neck. This can occur as a result from the sun tanning or just with the age and it isn’t a health issue, only visual problem.
Most of the people have this problem when it comes to their appearance, especially on the knees and elbows where the skin is more folded because it is much thicker.
This can be also the driest part of the body due to the oil deficiency in those parts of the skin. Here, we offer some natural remedies that will help you with these issues.
Here are the remedies that you can easily purvey and are really helpful:
For your neck:
1. Baking soda removes and peels off the dark spots. You just need to mix 3 tablespoons of baking soda with 1 tablespoon of water. Apply it on your neck, leave it for 5 minutes and then wash it out. Repeat this treatment 2 times a week.
2. Potatoes can lighten your skin due to its compound called Catecholase. You can mix some lemon juice with a potato juice and apply it on your neck. After 15 minutes wash your neck with cold water and do it every day. You can also grind one potato and rub its juice on your neck.
3. Aloe Vera is a very well known plant for its benefits for the skin. It nourishes the skin and lightens too. Your skin will look refreshed and healthy. All you need to do is to apply the Aloe Vera on your neck and leave it for 20 minutes.
Wash it out with water and repeat it every day for perfect results.
For dark skin on the elbows and knees:
1. Almond oil will tone up your skin and leave it healthier. Warm the almond oil and put it on your skin before going to bed. You will notice the improvement after few days.
2. Lemon can peel off the death skin due to its vitamin C. Cut one lemon in half and rub it on your elbows and knees for 20 minutes. Rinse and put some lotion after lemon treatment. Sometimes you can add honey to the lemon juice too.
3. Sugar granules have ability to pill and tone the skin. Mix some olive oil with sugar and apply it on the dark skin on your knees and elbows. After 10 minutes, wash them with water. Repeat this treatment once a week.
For dark skin on the armpits:
1. Chickpea mask is made of 2 tablespoons of chickpea flour, 1 tablespoon of lemon juice, 1 tablespoon of yoghurt and half teaspoon of turmeric. Apply this mixture on the armpits and leave it for an hour.
Repeat this stem twice a week and your skin will brighten and clean.
2. Cucumber in combination with lime juice whitens the skin very efficiently. You can add turmeric for better performance. It will prevent the further stains.
3. Milk contains lactose acid that is brightening the skin especially in combination with curd. Make a paste of 1 tablespoon of milk, 1 tablespoon of curd and 1 tablespoon of flour.
Put it on the dark skin of your armpits and leave it for 15 minutes. Wash it with cold water and repeat this twice a week.