Techniques That Can Help You Stop Heart Palpitations Instantly
Have you ever experienced heart palpitations? That is the feeling when you think your hart is beating too fast or sometimes too slow and even think it is flapping. It is abnormality in the heart beat that you can actually be physically aware of that.
The duration defers too from couple of seconds to few hours. Reason? There are many different reasons for heart palpitations triggered by hormonal, biological, external and psychological conditions.
The most common factors for heart palpitations are over use of alcohol, nicotine and caffeine, some chemical imbalance in the body, certain types of food, great level of adrenaline caused by anxiety or stress, hyperthyroidism, low level of sugar in the blood, anemia, hard exercises and abuse of drugs like marijuana and cocaine.
Even some prescribed drugs can be the reason for palpitations too. Patients suffering from panic attacks and pregnant women are more likely to have this issue.
Very often these heart palpitations are followed with some other unpleasant symptoms like feeling of choking or shortness of breath which don’t refer to something more serious but if the palpitations are followed by pain in the chest, vomiting, nausea, dizziness, worsen vision, intense sweating and fainting than it is about something more serious and you should immediately visit your doctor.
But very often heart palpitations can be restrained with a little change in the triviality by preparing some home remedies in order to help yourself or your friends and relatives.
We suggest you the 10 best techniques and homemade cures for palpitations that are very effective and already tried by people with such problem.
1. Once you feel the palpitations, start coughing hard for a while to cause pressure in the chest and change the heart beat pattern. This will bring your heart beat rhythm back in normal.
2. In case of palpitations caused by panic attacks or anxiety the best technique to restrain them is taking deep breaths. This will relax you and supply the brain with oxygen which will balance the heart beats.
– Slowly breathe in through the nose, hold the breath for few seconds and slowly breathe out. Take this breathing until the palpitations disappear. In cases of frequent heart palpitations caused by stress issues you can practice mediation or yoga for best results.
3. You can also slow the heart beat rate with Valsalva maneuver that stimulates the vagus nerve. But be careful! If you have any history with heart issues, please do not try this technique.
– Close your mouth and your nose and exhale forcefully. Repeat this few times and your heartbeat will be back in normal again.
4. Blackstrap molasses is rich in iron, magnesium, potassium and calcium, all necessary minerals for prevention of heart palpitations, particularly caused by anemia.
– Drink once a day 1 tablespoon of blackstrap molasses mixed in a glass of water. You can also add if you want 1 tablespoon of organic apple cider vinegar.
5. Increase the intake of water and you will automatically restrain the heart palpitations and in the same time lower the stress level. In case of severe palpitations wash your face with cold water or take a cold shower to shock your body and normalize the heart beat rate.
6. Cinnamon is packed with potassium and manganese that are essential for the work of your heart and decreasing the buildup cholesterol. It also lowers the high blood pressure.
– Make yourself a nice drink in the morning- in a cup of lukewarm water mix one teaspoon of organic honey and one teaspoon of cinnamon powder. Consume it for a week and you will prevent palpitations.
7. Magnesium improves the circulation, the function of the nervous system and the work of the heart. The best way is to consume more food rich in magnesium like: avocado, kale, spinach, cashews, almonds and some other nuts, pumpkin seeds, sesame, peanuts, quinoa, bananas, yogurt, oatmeal, dark chocolate and fish.
– You can take magnesium as supplement recommended by your medical service for daily dosage.
8. Herbalists recommend Valerian for heart palpitations because it has power to relax you and stop this problem. It can also improve your sleep. Be careful! Pregnant women should not use it!
– You can take it as a supplement for prevention of palpitations or mix few drops of valerian tincture in a cup of water for quick results.
9. Another incredible herb is the Lemon balm which improves the blood circulation and improves the work of the heart. It is recommended especially for patients with hyperthyroidism.
– Prepare yourself lemon balm tea. Mix 1 teaspoon of this herb in a glass of warm water. Wait for 10 minutes and then drink it. You can also use it in cooking.
10. The supplement made from the herb called Hawthorn is very effective in prevention and restraining the heart palpitations because it aids the contractions of heart muscles. Recommended dosage for adults is minimum 150 to maximum 900 mg a day no more than 6 months. Always consult your doctor first if you take some other supplements or medications.
In order to fix palpitation problems stop consuming alcohol, caffeine and soft drinks. Quit smoking, eat more fresh vegetables and fruits, consume guava on empty stomach, exercise regularly and sleep up to 7 hours every night.