10 Herbs To Improve Your Mental Health!
An extremely high number of people around the world take different prescription pills for anxiety or other mental disorder. Almost 70 percent of people in United States have prescribed therapy for depression or similar issues.
But most of the antidepressant drugs have harmful effects on the general health condition. Some of their side effects are: hallucinations, changes in mood, trouble with coordination, difficulties in verbal expressing, memory loss, seizures, yellowing skin and more.
So why not to try to fight these mental problems in a completely natural way free of harmful effect before reach for those drugs.
Here is a list of herbs that are very efficient and beneficial to your mental health:
– Chinese traditional medicine is known for the ingredients which relax your mind and body and promote wellbeing.
Such herb also used in Scandinavian medicine is called Rhodiola. Rhodiola encourages the hormone of happiness, serotonin, which promotes relaxation and reduces the stress level.
It is good for fatigue, nausea and dizziness. Rhodola slows down the rapid heartbeat and shaking.
– Lavender is well known for its calming effects on patients with nervousness. It is commonly used as an aromatherapy for neurological disorders and for stabilizing the mood.
You can make a lavender tea or add couple of drops of lavender essential oil in your tub. In order to get the most from the lavender aromatherapy it is the best to add some dried lavender flowers in your pillow and have a good night sleep.
– In order to calm the hysteria and ease seizures, anxiety and insomnia use Passionflower tea. This is exotic flower with sedative characteristics and extraordinary properties to sooth insomnia and anxiety. Researchers believe that it can replace Serax because passionflower tea naturally increases the Gamma aminobutyric acid which relaxes you.
– Vanilla is easily available in many shapes, as creams, candles and different spa products, soups and other. Its scent acts calming over the people’s brain and lowers the anxiety rate up to 60%.
– Valerian root has a very strong smell which can be sometimes unpleasant but is you take it as a tea you can add a teaspoon of molasses or maple syrup to soothe its taste. This doesn’t have to be an obstacle to avoid it because it successfully treats insomnia, headache and anxiety.
– Flower of chamomile is used by its ability to lower the blood pressure and make you sleep better. It contains compounds like luteolin and apigenin which will help you relax and have a rest.
– Ashwagandha is a herb frequently used by the ayurvedic medicine for treating anxiety and phobia from large spaces and crowds. It works by lowering the cortisol and it is the best way to take it as a tea.
– You can grow this powerful antidepressant with the effect similar to Prozac in your backyards. But check its use first if you are pregnant. Besides this the St. John’s wort doesn’t have any side effects.
– There is another leafy citrusy plant called Lemon balm which will soothe the anxiety and help patients with dementia. It improves your memory and helps you stay focused.
– Calm your nervousness with the rosemary essential oil and improve your cognitive skills.