6 Reasons You Should Start Using Rice Water For Beautiful Skin And Hair
Have you noticed how people from Asian countries have beautiful skin and hair and they look younger than they are? Maybe it’s got something with the rice which is main food there. Rice water in those regions is used regularly in the diet regimen and in beauty treatments. It is rich in many beneficial nutrients that are essential for your hair and skin.
Rice water is packed with minerals, vitamins from group B, E and C, plus valuable amino acids, essential for a beautiful hair and skin, in the same time promoting general health benefits.
It is very simple to make rice water as all you need are just two ingredients: water and rice. When you boil or soak rice, the water gets thicker with texture and color similar to milk. This homemade beauty product can be used diluted, concentrated or fermented. Either way will improve your hair and skin condition.
There are two ways of preparation of Rice water, with cooking and without cooking the rice. Organic rice will be perfect if you can find it in the stores
1. Rice water prepared with cooking
– Take a deep pot and fill it with 3 cups of water. On side, fill one cup with rice and wash it, then add it in the pot. Cook the rice until it is done and strain the water in a jar. When, the rice water is cool enough, store the jar in a fridge. You can keep it no more than a week.
2. Rice water prepared without cooking
– Soak one cup of rice, previously washed, with 2 cups of water in a pot. Let it rest for half an hour and after that strain the water in a jar. Store the jar in the fridge and try t use it in 4 days maximum period.
– If you want to make fermented rice water, just leave it out of the fridge for 48 hours and remember to dilute it before use. The proportion is 1 cup fermented rice water with 3 cups water.
Now, when you have learnt how to prepare rice water, it is time to use it in your daily beauty activities and replace all those expensive and artificial cosmetic products with this simple miraculous beauty remedy. Learn what the rice water can do for your hair and skin:
1. Healthy hair
Rice water contains great amounts of protein which is great for the hair. It fills the hair cracks and makes it strong, shiny, soft and healthier. In addition, the carbohydrate called inositol in the rice water will promote hair growth and prevent it from loss and damage.
The treatment for this is simple and doesn’t require any special arrangement.
– First, wash your hair with a shampoo as you regularly do. Then rinse the hair, pour some rice water on the head and massage the scalp up to 10 minutes. Clean it afterwards and repeat the treatment twice a week. For more damaged hair, 3 times will be enough.
– You can also add couple of some essential oil drops in order to boost the hair health and improve its scent. Rosemary, green tea or lavender essential oils will be perfect combination with the rice water for ultimate hair treatment.
2. For frizzier hair
Those with curly, frizzy hair will completely understand how it is to have unmanageable hair. But don’t be devastated. Washing your hair with rice water will bring it back its elasticity and thanks to the protein your hair will experience deep conditioning and friction on the surface of the hair will be reduced.
– For this treatment it is the best to use fermented rice water but always have in mind to dilute it before use. 1:3, rice water: plain water. After the regular washing with a shampoo, rinse your hair with cold fermented rice water. Repeat this treatment 2 times a week and you will be amazed by the results.
3. It soften your skin
Rice water is an excellent moisturizer for your skin which besides making it softer it fixes the damage from the environmental factors, sun and premature aging.
– The treatment for softer and moisturized skin isn’t very demanding. Every night before you go to bed mix 3 table spoons of rice water with 6 table spoons of plain water. Soak clean cotton cloth in the mixture and apply it on your face. Let it rest for 20 minutes. At the end wash your face and go to sleep. You will have soft and healthy skin in the morning.
4. For irritated skin
Rice water is very beneficial in treatments for skin inflammations, irritations and eczema lesions. The healing process is all due to the starch in the rice which is usually used in rice starch baths for improvement of damaged skin.
– This treatment is mostly recommended for patients with atopic dermatitis: Prepare a warm bath and add 4 cups of rice water. Lay down in the tub for up to 20 minutes and repeat this treatment 2 times a day if possible. If the irritated area is small and easy reachable, gently spread some cold rice water on the spots with cotton ball and repeat it 3 times a day.
5. For prevention of blackheads and acne
People who have oily skin usually have large and open pores which result in blackheads and acne. Rice water is a great natural solution for such condition. It tightens and tones the skin, in the same time reducing the large pores and additionally keeps the pH balance of the skin.
– Treatment for this case includes 1:1, rice water and plain water. When you make the solution, apply it on your skin with cotton ball and leave it for 20 minutes before you wash the face. Repeat this treatment every night before going to bed.
6. For skin detoxification
Rice water flushes out all the toxins from your skin leaving it fresh and elastic and in the same time preventing a hyper pigmentation.
– The treatment involves diluted rice water that you apply on your face as a toner. Massage it with circular movements for 5 minutes and wash the face at the end with warm water. Repeat this treatment every day.